From Wikipedia, the miễn phí encyclopedia
Bạn đang xem: cung bọ cạp
For the unit of measurement with the symbol ♏︎, see minim (unit).
|Duration (tropical, western)||October 23 – November 22 (2023, UT1)|
|Sign ruler||Mars (traditional), Pluto (modern)|
|Exaltation||None in traditional, Uranus in modern.|
Scorpio (♏︎) (Ancient Greek: Σκορπιός, romanized: Skorpiós, Latin for "scorpion") is the eighth astrological sign in the zodiac, originating from the constellation of Scorpius. It spans 210–240° ecliptic longitude. Under the tropical zodiac (most commonly used in Western astrology), the Sun transits this sign on average from October 23 to tướng November 21. Depending on which zodiac system one uses, someone born under the influence of Scorpio may be called a Scorpio or a Scorpionic.
Scorpio is one of the water signs, the others being Cancer and Pisces. It is a fixed, negative sign. According to tướng The Astrology Bible, Scorpio's colors are deep red, maroon, Black, and brown.
According to tướng Greek mythology, its representation as a scorpion is related to tướng the Greek legend of Orion and how a scorpion stung him to tướng death (said to tướng be why Orion sets as Scorpius rises in the sky). Another Greek myth recounts how a scorpion caused the horses of the Sun to tướng bolt when they were being driven by the inexperienced youth Phaethon.
Mosaic in Maltezana near Analipsi, Astypalaia, 5th century CE.
Scorpio adorning a building in Hamburg, Germany, designed by sculptor Richard Kuöhl.
A mosaic in a residential complex in the Jedlesee district of Vienna.
- ^ Astronomical Applications Department 2011.
- ^ a b dictionary n.d., s.v. Scorpio.
- ^ Allen 1899, p. 107
- ^ Lewis 2003, pp. 601–608.
- ^ Hall 2005, pp. 84–91.
- ^ Scorpius 2023.
- Allen, Richard Hinckley (1899). Star-names and Their Meanings. G.E. Stechert.
- Astronomical Applications Department (2011). Multiyear Computer Interactive Almanac. 2.2.2. Washington DC: US Naval Observatory. Longitude of Sun, apparent geocentric ecliptic of date, interpolated to tướng find time of crossing 0°, 30°....
- Hall, Judy (2005). The Astrology Bible: The Definitive Guide to tướng the Zodiac. New York: Sterling. ISBN 1402727593.
- Lewis, James R. (2003). The Astrology Book: The Encyclopedia of Heavenly Influences (2nd ed.). Detroit: Visible Ink Press. ISBN 1578591449.
- "Scorpio". dictionary.com. n.d. Retrieved October 14, 2022.
- "Scorpius, constellation and astrological sign". Britannica.com. 2023. Retrieved July 24, 2023.
- Media related to tướng Scorpio at Wikimedia Commons